There are many ways that you can volunteer for the PMI South Africa Chapter, depending on the time you have, your interests – essentially choosing the opportunity that’s right for you.
Opportunities can include:
- Events - Organising, planning, and providing on-site support for our branch meetings, volunteer events, annual PM Summit, professional development and other networking events
- Communications – Providing support or content for the website and our social media platforms – including helping with the ongoing design and creative aspects
- Business Development and Sponsorship – Helping to build the Chapter and find sponsorship opportunities to create networking and professional development opportunities for our members, but also to grow our social impact projects by spreading the word about PMI and what we stand for
- Membership – Helping our members and prospective members by showing a personal touch and answering queries and demonstrating membership benefits
- Professional Development - Planning and managing our many professional activities – including the Mentoring Programme, the Directors Development Programme, the PMP/CAPM preparation workshops, and many more
Update your profile on https://vrms.pmi.org/ and you can receive automatic notifications of volunteer opportunities that match your interests and your profile
Here are some of the volunteer positions that are currently being advertised on the PMI Volunteer Resource Management System.
DEPUTY VP: MARKETING
The Deputy VP Marketing is an appointed volunteer who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a well-run Marketing portfolio and will be in charge of brand growth across volunteers and members experiences. Working in conjunction with the VP COMMUNICATIONS, this Volunteer will offer advice and support on the PMI South Africa’s Chapter brand presentation and promotion
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
The Digital Marketing Specialist is an appointed volunteer who will be responsible for the creation, coordination, support, execution and monitoring of campaigns through various online marketing channels (Chapter website and social media platforms) to drive lead generation and brand awareness goals
TECHNOLOGY & COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
SA CHAPTER ICT SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
The ICT Support Volunteer is an appointed volunteer accountable and responsible for supporting South Africa Chapter Leaders / end users across all technology and communication platforms, and for assisting with bulk communications to the Chapter members and volunteers.
SOUTH AFRICA CHAPTER WEBSITE MANAGER
The Website Manager is an appointed volunteer accountable and responsible for administration and maintenance of the PMI South Africa Chapter website, and for collating and & posting content for the website, according to the PMI global and local Chapter branding standards / guidelines.
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT TEAM
CHAPTER VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT MANAGER
The VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT MANAGER is an appointed volunteer responsible for the recruitment, matching, and ongoing fulfilment of volunteer roles (including updating of volunteer positions) in the PMI South Africa Chapter. The VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT MANAGER will use approved databases including the PMI VRMS to manage Volunteer registrations for the South African Chapter, and work with the EXCO and leadership teams to match volunteers to the portfolios, projects and teams in the Chapter.
SOCIAL IMPACT TEAM
PMIEF LECTURERS (CAPE TOWN, GAUTENG, EASTERN CAPE & KZN)
The PMIEF Lecturer will be responsible for delivering PMIeF programs to the youth, teachers and NGOs in their respective regions (more information on the PMIEF Courses can be found on the PMIEF website - https://pmief.org)
SOCIAL IMPACT /PMIEF COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The SOCIAL IMPACT /PMIEF COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST is an appointed volunteer responsible for Stakeholder Engagement/ Communications relating to the Social Impact /PMIeF portfolio for the PMI SA Chapter - Including developing, implementing and managing the Communication Plan (to be aligned to the overall PMI SA Chapter Marketing and Communications strategy and plan); including sourcing and developing content and social media co-ordination.