Chapter Board of Director Elections
The PMI South Africa Chapter holds an annual election for rotating offices on the Board of Directors. If you are considering running or want more information on this year’s election review the information on this page and via the links below.
Serving on the PMI South Africa Chapter Board of Directors takes time and dedication, but it is not without its rewards.
- Further the development and advancement of the project management profession locally in South Africa.
- Opportunities for career visibility and leadership growth.
- Opportunity to expand your network and knowledge with other professionals.
- Access to the best practices and trends in project management.
- Have a voice in the strategic direction of the chapter.
- Earn PDUs: Category E Volunteer Service - serve as an elected volunteer officer for a project management organization including PMI chapters for a minimum of 3 months
We are currently looking for leaders to join our dynamic team to serve starting in 2020.
The current open board positions are:
- Vice President Marketing
- Vice President Communication and Technology
- Vice President Academic Outreach
- Branch Lead – Cape Town
Click on each of the above roles to see their Roles & responsibilities.
Call for nominations July 2020:
- Nominations requests sent to all members by Monday 8th June 2020
- Nominations received back by 22nd June 2020, 24:00 pm SA Time
- Nominations committee process nominations and send recommendations to Board for reviewing candidates by 29th June 2020
- Confirmation with all candidates who have qualified and are in the Ballot, by 6th July 2020
- Electronic Ballot Administered by PMI runs for two weeks from 20th July 2020 until 3rd August 2020
- The AGM is on the 20th August 2020
- where successful candidates will be announced
- The new Directors will be briefed and may be observers until their first Board meeting end of January 2021.
- The new executive officers will be briefed and according to Bylaws section 2, shall take office on the first day of the month following their election.